Proposal for Argument essay (3)

I would like to write for my argument essay about the education system and how it is set up for only one type of student to succeed. Children with Autism, as well as many other factors are set up for failure when all students are held to the same standard and type of learning. Every individual learns differently, and success should not only be measured by standardized testing and traditional learning styles. Many students have been swept under the rug and fallen to the waist side due to having different, and more creative ways of learning and this should change. Students who cannot do well traditionally in school do not receive the same opportunities for furthering education, and then because of that do not receive opportunities for better jobs and may have a poorer quality of life. Some possible sources I may use is information from Learning Styles & Autism | Autism Research Institute.

One thought on “Proposal for Argument essay (3)

1. That sounds fine, though you may want to be making a more specific proposal than indicated here in your essay–I’ll get comments on it in the next few days. (Final draft won’t be due until May 2.)